Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SAMAHANG MAGDALO CODE OF CONDUCT

“We believe in the Filipino’s spirit of Bayanihan, together as a united race we can achieve great feats of nation-building…” - Bagong Katipunero

"The Magdalo"

The Magdalo is a national movement that advocates good governance and social justice. Its vision is to have a peaceful, progressive and prosperous Country with a united Filipino citizenry.
The Magdalo was founded by a group of reformist officers and men of the Armed Forces of the Philippines who upheld their Constitutional mandate as the protector of the people and the state, and bravely fought the corrupt and oppressive Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo regime. The group’s members were eventually incarcerated for their convictions. However, even after several years of detention, they remain steadfast in their belief that the Filipino people deserve a better government.
Today, the Magdalo symbolizes courage in the face of adversity; honesty and integrity in public service; and high sense of patriotism and nationalism.

"Samahang Magdalo"

The Magdalo believes that the only way towards its vision is to have a united, responsible and empowered citizenry. To this end, the Magdalo decided to open its doors to people from all walks of life, who share the same dreams and aspirations for our Country. Thus, the Samahang Magdalo was born.

"What are the responsibilities of a member of Samahang Magdalo?"

1. Be a productive and law-abiding citizen.
2. Support the activities of the Magdalo.
3. Observe the Samahang Magdalo Code of Conduct.

"Samahang Magdalo Code of Conduct"

1. I will love my God, my Country and my People.
2. I will love my family.
3. I will love my environment.
4. I will help those in need, most especially a fellow Magdalo.
5. I will participate in elections; I will not sell my vote.
6. I will pay my taxes.
7. I will not bribe or be bribed.
8. I will be a good example to my fellow man.

Furthermore, every Member of the Organization shall have the following duties and responsibilities:

a. Duty to Oneself – A member should abide by and internalize the SM Code of Conduct to enable him/her to develop qualities and values of a responsible Filipino Citizen which will lead to a change that we aspire for in this Country. He/she should make himself updated with all matters pertaining to the Organization.

b. Duty to a Fellow MAGDALO - A member shall be responsible in encouraging fellow MAGDALO members to abide by the principles of the Organization and its Code of Conduct. He or she shall contribute to the awareness, growth, development and empowerment and overall well-being of a fellow MAGDALO. As in the symbol of a SM handshake, each member shall commit to one another that no matter what happens they shall not let each other down.

c. Duty to the Organization - A member of the SAMAHANG MAGDALO shall abide with the Charter of the Organization, its rules and regulations, procedures and decisions. It shall also be the duty of a member of the Organization to abide with all laws of the land. He/she shall attend organization meetings regularly and actively support Organization programs and projects in the achievement of its vision towards a peaceful, progressive & prosperous country. Each SM member shall be an ambassador of hope and change. He or she shall actively recruit members for the Organization.

"The patriots"

The duty of the every Filipino patriot is to love God, Serve the motherland, and protect the people - Bagong Katipunero

"The Vision"

Our vision is to have Nation of peace, progress and prosperity with social equity and social justice thru a responsible and empowered citizenry.

"The Mission"

Our mission is to create a culture of a selfless service on all Filipino Patriots by advocating Social Justice, Vigilance on Crime and Corruption, Environmental Protection and Social Awareness; and to instill an attitude of Self-Reliance and Cooperativism that shall influence the Filipino society.

"Oath of the New Katipuneros"

1. I am willing to lay down my life in the pursuit of the Vision.
2. I will be loyal always to the National Interest.
3. I am willing to be a catalyst of change of an oppressive and unjust society into one that advocates equality and social justice.
4. I will respect human rights.
5. I will not commit any acts of corruption.
6. I will live a modest life commensurate to my legal means.
7. I am willing to be punished should I betray any decree of this oath.
8. I am doing this supreme act of sacrifice for God, Country and People with no promise of reward, compensation or recognition.

[SAMAHANG MAGDALO]

President: GARY C. ALEJANO

Vice President: NORBERTO E. SANTIAGO, JR.

Secretary General: BILLY S. PASCUA

Deputy Secretary General: ARMAND G PONTEJOS

[MAGDALO]

Chairman: BGEN. DANILO D. LIM AFP

Vice Chairman: SEN. ANTONIO F. TRILLANES IV

President: JAMES A. LAYUG

VP for NCR: EUGENE P. GONZALEZ

VP for Luzon: SEGUNDINO P. ORFIANO, JR

VP for Visayas: MANUEL G. CABOCHAN

VP for Mindanao: ARTURO S. PASCUA, JR.

Secretary General: ANDY G. TORRATO

Deputy Secretary General: JONNELL P. SANGALANG

[BIÑAN CHAPTER]

Area: Biñan, Laguna

OFFICERS

President:ROBERTO “Bobby” DE VERA

Vice-President: RUBEN L. ANCHETA

Secretary: CELERINO S. TENERO

Treasurer: BOBBY L.ALLADO

Historian: EPIFANIO C. ENDRIGA

Area Coordinator: ALICIA G. ORE

1 comment: